This keystone bridge is known as the longest of its type west of the Mississippi river. It is 346 feet long and was built of locally quarried limestone in 1889. Construction of the bridge lasted nine months at a cost of $16,282. In later years a sidewalk was added to the north side of the bridge.
The State Preservation Program nominated this bridge to the National Register of Historic Places in January, 1976.